The Global Reporting Initiative-(GRI)
GRI is an international independent organization that helps businesses, governments, and other organizations understand and communicates the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
The GRI Standards are the first global standards for sustainability reporting. They feature a modular, interrelated structure, and represent the global best practice for reporting on a range of economic, environmental and social impacts.
STRATEGY EGYPT VISION 2030
The new Egypt will possess a competitive, balanced and diversified economy, dependent on innovation and knowledge, based on justice, social integrity and participation, characterized by a balanced and diversified ecological collaboration system, investing the ingenuity of place and humans to achieve sustainable development and to improve Egyptians’ life quality.
Placed Egypt Among the top 30 countries in terms of global competitiveness indicator.
Egypt is one of the best 30 economics global.
Egypt ranks among the top 30countries in terms of Human Development Indicator.
Egypt among the top 30 countries fighting corruption.
The Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) sustainability reporting framework is the most trusted and widely used framework in the world adopted by most of the Fortune 500 companies. Our GRI Standards Certified Training is 16 hours over 2 days and is designed primarily for CEOs, upper/middle-level management and external stakeholders, helps trainees understand:
GRI Training Program
helps trainees understand:
- Sustainable Development
- The transition from the G4 Guidelines to the GRI Standards
- The value, and challenges of reporting
- Best practices in Sustainable Development
- The latest trends in Sustainable Development
- Insights, and opportunities with sustainability reporting
- The GRI reporting framework and process
- How to envision, plan, and brand your report
- The reporting process
- The various tools for measuring sustainability impacts
- The value of stakeholder engagement
- The tools to identify and prioritize stakeholders
- How to effectively engage stakeholders
- How to link engagement results to materiality assessment
- How to define report content
- How to apply GRI technical protocols
- How to identify and prioritize material issues
- How to develop strategies to address issues
- How to identify and communicate goals
- How to plan and manage data collection, collation, and analysis
- How to ensure quality of information
- How to conduct internal checks and balances on information to be reported
- Report writing techniques
- How to effectively communicating performance
- The use external assurance
- How to plan for the next reporting cycle
This course is designed for key decision makers who develop or
assess sustainability reports – managers from functions like
finance, corporate communications, HSE, human resources, Organization Development, CSR Department, information technology, legal, marketing, operations, public relations, secretarial, social responsibility, strategy & marketing, operations, public relations, secretarial, social responsibility, strategy & planning, sustainability, and supply chain.
This course may also be of interest to CFOs, internal auditors, regulatory agencies, and investors.
16 hours / 2 days
Day 1 Outlines
Itinerary GRI Training Introduction
– Sustainable Development
– Sustainability Reporting
– About GRI:
- GRI Standards
- Global Sustainability Standards
- Multi-stakeholder Approach
– Useful terminology
– Introduction to the GRI Standards
– Structure of the GRI Standards
– How to use the GRI Standards
– Other standards and frameworks
– GRI Universal Standards
- General Disclosures
- Management Approach
– Topic-specific Standards
– Applying the reporting Principals
– Reporting General Disclosures.
Day 2 Outlines
- Identifying Material Topics and
- Reporting on Material Topics
- Reporting in Accordance
- Presenting and compiling
- GRI Support Suite
- Getting involved
- Useful resources
- End of course evaluation.
DCarbon is an Egyptian joint stock
company, Incorporated under the law no
159 for the year 1981 and its executive
regulation, located in Cairo, Egypt, and is a
subsidiary RIS2C (Reliable Integrated
Sustainable Solutions Company).
DCarbon is a pioneer in cooperating with and
assisting the public and private sectors,
international organizations (IOs) as well as civil
society organizations (CSOs) and universities
understand and address their impact on
sustainable development and climate change.
DCarbon was able to expand its network among
all stakeholders and is a member of the GRI
Gold community as well as a certified training
partner to the Global reporting initiative (GRI)..
It is our belief that through the commitment to
National and International policies, corporate
integrity and transparency we, with our
stakeholders, can maximize organizational
profitability through growing organizational
value. Our team of experts has been providing
consultations and training on sustainable
development and climate change throughout
Egypt and the MENA, for public and private
sectors, international organizations, and CSOs.
Dr. Ehab Shalaby
Chairman & CEO at DCarbon Egypt
Leading consultant, Researcher, and academician in the field of sustainable development, Dr. Shalaby has more than 15 years of experience in the fields’ of academia, research,
corporate and government policy advising on the local, regional and international level;
as well as being recognized for innovative excellence based on technical, research and
Dr. Shalaby vision is Imbedding “Sustainable Development” concept
and philosophy in the Egyptian culture and in all educational aspects, Dr. Shalaby is both
skilled and innovative at leveraging information technology to reduce costs while
dramatically improving productivity and results.
Dr. Shalaby was a member of Egypt’s national team of experts developing Egypt national
SD strategy Egypt Vision 2030
Dr. Shalaby was leading the team of experts
Developing Egypt National voluntary review report on SDGS (UN SDGS 2030 ) submitted
to UNHLPF 2016
Dr. Shalaby was among the expert group developing Egypt intended national
contribution report on GHGs submitted to the UNFCCC 2015.
R&D officer at DCarbon Egypt
Mariam is a research &development officer working at DCarbon sine 2015.She has experience working with partners in public & private sectors on implementing the global sustainable development agenda, sustainability reporting & environmental counseling. She was part of the team who facilitated Dcarbon’s GRI certification process.
- Villa 78, Road 282 From
Laselki St. Maadi,