Corporate sustainability starts with the organization’s value system and a principles-based approach to doing business. This means operating in ways that, at a minimum, meet fundamental responsibilities in the areas of human rights, labour, environment, and anti-corruption. By incorporating the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact into strategies, policies, and procedures, and establishing a culture of integrity, financial institutions are not only upholding their basic responsibilities to people and the planet but also setting the stage for long-term success.
The Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact are derived from: the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development, and the United Nations Convention Against Corruption.
Benefits of Adopting the UNGC Principles
- Unprecedented networking access with UN Global Compact participants – representing nearly every industry sector and size, in over 160 countries
- Access to partnerships with a range of stakeholders – to share best practices and emerging solutions
- Best practice guidance – built on 15 years of successes
- Tools, resources, and training
- Local Network support in 85 countries
- The moral authority, knowledge, and experience of the United Nations
- UNGC is your guide every step of the way. It will help you commit to, assess, define, implement, measure, and communicate your sustainability strategy. With its help, you can make a difference across four core areas: human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption
- Increase reputation and trust through advocating your organisation’s commitment towards sustainability
- Join one of the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiatives
- Promote ethical governance practices towards human rights, labor, anti-corruption, and the environment
- Support the efforts of the UN and ILO towards corporate sustainability
Specify your contact details and consulting services you’re interested in. Our experts will contact you in no time.