Life Cycle Assessment supports decision-making and efficiency opportunities to optimize your products and services life cycle and improve your environmental impact
Life Cycle Assessment is a tool for evaluating the environmental impact of products or services throughout its complete life cycle. LCA quantifies the energy consumption, water footprint, material usage, and environmental releases through building, product, process, or activity from cradle to grave. We make sure that LCA results provide our customers with a clear idea of how their products are affecting the environment. We also, work with you to map out methods and means to reduce the damaging impacts of your products on the environment
Discuss the purpose of your LCA
Life Cycle Assessment is a goal-oriented study and it is crucial to set this goal early in the process. In this stage, we work with you to answer the question “Why performing LCA?”. In answering this question, organizations have several answers to this question such as:
- LCA to support decision-making and highlighting efficiency opportunities.
- LCA to optimize the product/service life cycle to “minimize” energy and environmental impacts.
- LCA to identify “trade-offs” and ensure that changes in one part of the process (or formulation of a product/ a service) do not result in a higher footprint (or higher energy usage or more emissions) in another part of the process.
- LCA to examine a variety of inputs or process changes in new products/services.
- LCA to benchmark products/services environmental impacts.
- Life Cycle Carbon Footprint
- Life Cycle Water Footprint
- Conducting LCA to support marketing.
Select suitable LCA type for your organization
Depending on your purpose of carrying out LCA study, we will support you in identifying and selecting the most suitable LCA study and environmental impacts to be assessed in a cost-effective way. We can support you in completing the LCA study that meets your needs.
Carry out LCA (Software)
We have two approaches towards carrying out Life Cycle Assessment:
- Carry out the complete LCA study for our clients
- Support our clients through training (Training Hyperlink) and technical support to carry out the LCA study by themselves.
In all cases, Life Cycle Assessment Studies are performed according to ISO 14040 series standards in four phases:
- Goal and Scope Definition: to discuss with key management and stakeholders within the company to identify the study goal and system boundaries.
- Life Cycle Inventory: to quantify the energy and raw material requirements, atmospheric emissions, waterborne emission, solid wastes, and other releases for the entire life cycle of the product.
- Life Cycle Impact Assessment: to examine the production system from an environmental perspective using Environmental Impact Categories and Indicators connected with the product LCI results.
- Life Cycle Interpretation: to assure that all methods and data used in the study fit the Goal and Scope of the study and identify the potential improvements in the Production system.
Results analysis and recommendations
Our professional experts will work with your people on analyzing the LCA results and identify the environmental hotspots along the product/ service life cycle; pinpointing the possible reasons for these issues; and figuring out possible approaches to get these impacts under control. We will also work with you on defining the potential direct applications of LCA related to your business including marketing, setting your future environmental strategies and product development plans.
Prepare your LCA Report
We will support you in reporting the results to your stakeholders depending on the goal of the study:
Comprehensive Life Cycle Assessment Report: If your Life Cycle Assessment Study’s aim is to be disclosed to the public, we will support you in communicating the “Study Results” in a comprehensive and clear manner that is interesting and relevant to your business associates and stakeholders and according to ISO 14040-14044 Standard.
Internal Life Cycle Assessment Report: Based on your purpose of carrying out the LCA study within your organization, we will support you in translating the LCA results to be understood by your people and help you get the best impact for your company or organization.
Life Cycle Assessment Research Paper: Our highly experienced researchers, at DCarbon Research Academy, will support your LCA team in communicating your “LCA Study Results” to the Research and Development community.
- DCarbon works with companies to optimize their organizational growth forecast, developing and implementing resilient strategies, effective management systems and data-driven assessments.Our clients trust us as partners to strengthen their strategic and operational performance in accordance with international standards.With us, you will have the chance to capitalize on present challenges and transform them into long-term business opportunities.
Results You Can Expect
Specify your contact details and consulting services you’re interested in. Our experts will contact you in no time.