Sustainability Reporting & GRI Certified Training Program
GRI is an international independent organization that helps businesses, governments, and other organizations understand and communicates the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
The GRI Standards are the first global standards for sustainability reporting. They feature a modular, interrelated structure, and represent the global best practice for reporting on a range of economic, environmental and social impact.
The Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) sustainability reporting framework is the most trusted and widely used framework in the world adopted by most of the Fortune 500 companies.
Global Reporting Standards and GRI Certificate
Companies and organizations are now increasingly developing sustainability reports to measure and communicate, in an inclusive way, their economic efficiency, along with their social and environmental impact.
Why to develop a sustainability report? In a nutshell…
- identifies the strengths and vulnerabilities of your value chain
- provides the know-how to develop sustainable and resilient strategies
- works as the driving force to meet the global standards and emerging trends
- shift your organization to a socially responsible model providing services and products with mutual benefits for both business and society
There are many different reporting frameworks worldwide, such as the GRI, ISO 26000, IFC and UNGC.
Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is a world’s leading framework for sustainability reporting.
GRI Standards are used universally to measure and report on the economic, environmental and social performance. Thousands of companies and organizations of different sizes and industries apply GRI’s guidelines as an integral part of their core strategies in order to scale up their impact and value.
GRI Guidelines are now used as a mainstream toolkit in managing an organization’s sustainability strategy among 63% of all companies applying a sustainability report worldwide.
Why The Training
Benefits of integrating GRI Guidelines to your organization’s strategy:
- Achieve full compliance with the global standards and regulations
- Become a member of the GRI Global community
- Enter the Dow Jones Sustainability Index World
- Secure the access to global markets and resources
- Reach funds for new investments e. g Green Financing
- Promote your Best Practice in multiple networks worldwide
LEAD IN YOUR REGION
- Address the African Strategy 2063
- Customize and align your strategy with the national context
- Head the interregional cooperation across Africa and MENA region
- Achieve recognition in national and regional level
- Excel in stakeholders engagement and expand your target audience
- Stand out at your region by contributing to the achievement of UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
THRIVE YOUR BUSINESS PROFILE
- Shift to an exporting profile as a certified GRI partner
- Come to an agreement with the foreign investors’ requirements
- Set strategic goals with mutual benefits for your organization and the community
- Build loyalty and transparency relationships with your audience
- Upgrade your management systems by identifying your key material topics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Inspire and motivate your human capital for a better and sustainable future
Who should attend
This training program is aiming at providing the fundamental principles and methodological framework of Global Reporting on Sustainability within all types of organizations ( both public and private sector ) and across all levels within the organizations.
The Training is customized and designed for:
- Key decision makers who mandate and/or approve sustainability reports on behalf of their organizations, as well as for middle-upper managers who are in charge of collection of material data and managing the implementation of sustainability practices.
- CFOs, internal auditors, regulatory agencies, and investors as part of their Role in Sustainability Governance and oversight
- Mangers and Head of Departments overseeing the implementation of Sustainability Practices across all business sectors : finance, corporate communications, HSE, Human resources, Organization Development, CSR Department, information technology, legal, marketing, operations, public relations, secretarial, social responsibility, strategy & marketing, operations, public relations, secretarial, social responsibility, strategy & planning, sustainability, and supply chain.
- Sustainable Development
- Sustainability Reporting
- GRI Standards
- Global Sustainability Standards Board (GSSB)
- Multi-stakeholder Approach
- Useful terminologies
- Introduction to the GRI Standards
- Structure of the GRI Standards
- How to use the GRI Standards
- Other standards and frameworks
- GRI Foundation Principles
- GRI General Disclosures
- GRI Management Approach
- GRI Topic-Specific Disclosures
- Applying the reporting principles
- Reporting General Disclosures
- Identifying Material Topics and Boundaries
- Reporting on Material Topics
- Reporting in Accordance
- Presenting and compiling information
- GRI Support Suite
- Getting involved
- Useful resources
- End of course evaluation
Be a member of Dcarbon Training Academy, the only GRI certified trainer in Egypt, and pave the way to sustainability with GRI world-class standards
Two days/ 12 hours.
Dr. Ehab Shalaby
Chairman & CEO at Dcarbon Egypt
Leading consultant, Researcher, and academician in the field of sustainable development, Dr. Shalaby has more than 20 years of experience in the fields of academia, research, corporate and government policy advising on the local, regional and international level; as well as being recognized for innovative excellence based on technical, research and design fundamentals.