DCarbon Egypt is excited to announce our new role as a service provider for the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
The PRI is a global network of financial institutions committed to promoting sustainable investment practices, supported by the United Nations. The network’s six principles guide signatories in incorporating environmental, social, and governance factors into their investment decision-making and ownership practices, contributing to the development of a more sustainable global financial system.
The Principles offer a comprehensive framework of actionable steps that can be taken to incorporate sustainability issues into investment practices across various asset classes. It is important to note that responsible investment is not a one-size-fits-all approach and must be tailored to fit each organization’s investment strategy, approach, and resources. Nevertheless, the Principles are designed to be compatible with the investment styles of large, diversified, institutional investors that operate within a traditional fiduciary framework.
The six principles are as follows:
· We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
· We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
· We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
· We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
· We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
· We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
We are proud to be a part of this network and to promote sustainable investment practices in Egypt and beyond.