Sustainability Research Analyst
Location: Cairo, Egypt Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: Junior Duration of Initial Contract: One Year, renewable
Role: The successful candidate will participate in conducting surveys and interviews about the environmental, economic, and social factors that impact a particular issue in sustainability. Writing reports of recent research findings. Preparing Technical proposals to prospect clients.
- Conduct surveys and interviews about the environmental, economic, and social factors that impact a particular issue in sustainability.
- Writing reports of recent research findings.
- Preparing Technical proposals to prospect clients.
- Developing, organizing, and facilitating roundtable discussions with senior policy and business decision-makers.
- Performing online research about best practices and new technologies in sustainability, corporate social responsibility and environmental monitoring.
- Providing recommendations to internal and external clients on effective sustainable development strategies.
- Analyzing data from tests to measure energy efficiency, resource consumption, and emissions
- Reviewing recent reports from other experts in the field on sustainable technologies, practices and policies.
- Designing research protocols and procedures for upcoming studies.
- Contacting subject matter experts, government officials, and business leaders to elicit their participation in research projects
- Conducting experiments and collecting samples to measure resource use and potential environmental contamination or pollution
- Meeting research participants on-site to conduct interviews and focus groups
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, environmental engineering (Master’s Degree in a sustainability relevant field is an advantage),
- 2-4 years of experience,
- Demonstrated strength in data analysis and reporting
- Ability to work with large data sets and produce effective reporting
- Passion for delivering value for the client
- Passion for aligning financial returns with societal impact
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- A team player, and can manage to work under pressure